Friday, March 11, 2016 from 6:30 to 8:00 pm
SVA Annex, 214 E. 21st Street, Room 703A
Free and open to the public. Guests are welcome. Refreshments served.
Still two spots left in Carol’s popular workshop: Bone Alphabet on March 12/13.
Join us for the fun on Friday night as Carol DuBosch presents the many possibilities for using your art to make unique envelopes for your everyday mail! We all love to see our name “in lights,” and creatively addressing envelopes to friends and family is a great way to let them shine and know they are special. Carol will discuss simple techniques to make your mail a piece of art. In addition, she will show a library of resources for “Envelope Art” ideas. Carol regularly enters and wins awards in the annual Graceful Envelope Contest. She will show her layouts, sketches and copies of her many winning entries.
Top Ten Reasons for Lettering Envelopes
1. You never have to decide what to write (name & addresses are a given).
2. Nobody will be offended by your choice of words.
3. Choosing the right paper isn’t a problem — commercial envelopes are just fine.
4. Only knowing one letter style is not a problem.
5. You have a practical place to try out new hands.
6. You can quickly get your efforts out of view — pop them in the mail.
… for 7, 8, 9, 10 and MORE join us for Carol DuBosch’s presentation of Envelope Art!